Sunday, December 25, 2011

Where is Kshon?

HEY PEOPLE! So, Feliz Navidad, merry Christmas, happiest of Chanukah! All of this... 


Where have I been? I was recently in North Carolina, taking my SPI exam with the AMGA. This was after my climbing trip with Stephanie Maltarich, but before my flight to Argentina. In fact, I actually delayed my flight by a week at a very low cost... This allowed me to climb more, see friends in Asheville, and spend Christmas time celebration-type stuff with my parents and family friends in the immediate Manassas, VA area. Cha-CHING! This is what I have been up to. Quite simple, but complicated enough to explain... One often needs a flow chart or a wipe-off board with crazy NFL-looking Playbook-like scribbles to begin to put a chronology to my escapades... 


Speaking of Escapades... I do not plan on ice skating any time soon... however I did just receive this book for Christmas from mis padres, and I am totally siked to hop on some sick ICE when I am down south:




This book is an introductory book on Ice Climbing technique and training. Although I have gotten my "feet wet," with ice climbing, so to speak, I am at a point of self-education to make more sound decisions while moving on ice... 


I may even just write a book review here afterward, so stay tuned and check back for little lessons I generate here based on what I learn from the book!








So - what's next?!  You may be tempted to ask me... 




     Go ahead. 


     Ask. 






....................... ........................... ........................... 




OKAY! I'll Tell you!


 I am going to fly to South America on December 28th, and then take a bus on December 29th from Buenos Aires to Bariloche. A 19-hour bus trip across the country is an inexpensive and romantic way to view the Argentinian countryside. 


 Once I am there, it will be time to a) Celebrate New Year's! b) Re-acquaint myself with friends in town, c) Climb a bunch, and d) Climb a BUNCH! 


 In addition, I will continue to paddle with PURA VIDA PADDLING. Paddling day trips and such with clients from around the world. 


 I DO  look forward to being in touch with each and everyone of you, so if you need to contact me, the best way to do it is through e-mail and skype. 


email: kevin.shon@gmail.com


skype: kshon.     (with dot).




So, for now this is what I have for you. Stay tuned, be updated more with photos and stories... but until then, buena suerte y un abrazo fuerte!




Chau, 






Kev

No comments: